Treating insect bites

Treatment after insect bite or sting

Sometimes you won’t even notice an insect bite, but there are insect bites that cause pain, swelling, redness, irritation and itching. Bites and stings by other vermin can also cause quite a bother. It is important to get the right treatment after an insect or tick bite. Often you can do many things to relieve the pain or itching.

If you do don’t take the right measures to prevent bites or stings, you may get an insect bite. By mosquitoes, spiders and ticks, but also by jellyfish and scorpions. Even after taking preventative measures, you may still get bitten or stung, but the chances are significantly reduced.

Fortunately, Care Plus® products are effective and can help you treat a bite or sting. Not only insects but also jellyfish can sting with very painful consequences. In case of a tick bite, it is essential that you are alert and choose the right treatment.

First aid for insect bites

With the Care Plus®  Venimex venom extractor, you can quickly extract the venom from insects and spiders and significantly reduce the swelling and pain. Have you been stung or bitten by an insect or jellyfish? The Click-Away Bite Relief reduces itching and swelling in several minutes. You can reduce the pain and itching and cool and calm irritated skin with Care Plus® Insect SOS Bite Gel. The Insect Bite Gel is also effective for the treatment of jellyfish stings or when the skin has been in contact with stinging nettles.


Seek professional help

An insect bite can cause pain, swelling, redness, irritation and itching. Normally these symptoms can be reduced with a Care Plus® product for use after a bite or sting. However, there are situations where you have to take extra care and possibly need to get medical help. This applies to an allergic reaction after a mosquito or insect bite, excessive pain or swelling, or an allergic reaction to a bite or sting.

If you suffer from acute shortness of breath or a rash in a place where you have not been stung, you may suffer from an allergic reaction. In that case, always consult a doctor. That certainly applies to insect bites in the mouth, throat or on the tongue. Excessive swelling in these places can be dangerous. Cooling with ice can help to reduce the swelling.


Special care for tick bites

A tick can infect you with a bacteria by its bite and cause Lyme disease. A tick bite can be prevented by covering the skin as much as possible. Ticks live in low vegetation like grass and bushes. Always wear long trousers and tuck your trouser legs in your socks. Use an insect repellent on exposed skin. Protect your feet, ankles and lower legs optimally by wearing Care Plus® impregnated Bugsox. Don’t let them bite you!